Whether you are still thinking of losing weight, or have reached your weight loss goal, the scariest thing that comes to mind is; not eating the things you love so much. I miss snuggling up in bed with a pack of cookies and a glass of cold juice or eating chocolates of any kind just before bed.
Truth is, its unrealistic to totally cancel or rebuke eating all the things we love forever. Heck, I don’t even recommend it. People have asked how I manage to stay ‘slim’ for so long without putting on the weight.
First of all, it has not been easy one bit! It takes a lot of mind and body work. I do cheat but, it’s how you cheat that matters.
How To Cheat:
- Don’t cheat daily, make it a weekly or monthly thing, better still, cheat only when you hit a new weight loss goal.
- Try and cheat with semi-healthy food like popcorn, dark chocolates, low-calorie drinks, plantain chips.
- Don’t cheat at night or after your dinner.
- Most of the time, make your ‘cheat meal’ a snack and not a full meal.
- Stop eating when you are full.
- Make sure you have someone who acts as a check for you. Report these meals to them. Inform them before you attempt the cheat, what you are about to cheat with and the portions.
Another thing that has helped me is that my cheat meals are basically the same, I don’t go out of my way to look for something naughty to eat. I love popcorn, plantain chips and ice tea. I eat the same thing always, I don’t get bored and I make sure I don’t eat more than a pack at once.
There is no harm in going to a party and eating some of the stuff there, let that be your cheat meal for the week and make sure you work hard to burn it off. Don’t go out of your way to buy things that will harm you and then you begin to regret.
Stick with your healthy meals most of the time.